With His infinite wisdom and divine timing, God has led me on a journey of self-acceptance for the last few months, and one GREAT thing about God is that it doesn’t take him a long time to do what He needs to do. In a very short time, I’ve learned :
- Not to put my self worth into the hands of someone else, waiting and depending on his or her assessment of me to determine my value.
- To appreciate my physical “flaws” and personality quirks, as they make me unique,. I’ve learned and accepted that God has a husband in store for me that will “love my curves and my edges, all my perfect imperfections.”
- To strip off the woman I had become based on what society, friends, family, the church, and my RACE wanted or thought I should be; and truly soul search to find MY voice and blossom into the woman I am.
There have been a lot of triumphs and failures along this journey but it has been well worth it. For that reason, I am walking into my thirties with my head held high and a switch in my hips possessing a true self confidence I have never had before.
Additionally, and in my opinion most importantly, I’ve learned to embrace the many assets God has allotted to me and to stop diminishing myself to appease other people. Something I did a lot because I thought any kind of self “praise” I exuded (better known as confidence) was cocky or arrogant. But I’ve learned that being outwardly proud of the Woman of God that I am, my character, personality, talents, and know my self-worth is not haughtiness. Let me give it a try… I am:
- A woman of God with the spiritual gifts of (1) exaltation, (2) intercessory, (3) and spiritual visions and sensory who has been called to ministry (God is still working with me on that part)
- A strong role model, mentor, confidant, and friend.
- Sexy, attractive, and fashionable
- Well traveled and well cultured
- An educated and independent career woman
- A multi-faceted artist with creative talents that include dance, singing, acting, poetry, song & play writing, choreography, and creative writing (yes I’ working on a book)
- Domesticated. I enjoy cooking a keeping up my home
- A woman of character, morals, class and sophistication
- A young girl at heart – never afraid to let loose, have fun and appreciate the simple things in life.