Spirit lead me where my trust is without borders
Let me walk upon the waters
Wherever you would call me
Take me deeper than my trust could ever wonder
And my faith would be made stronger
In the presence of my Savior
-Oceans by Hillsong UNITED
Disclaimer: This post is NOT me bragging on what I have or where I am in life, it is a testament of God’s divine purpose at work and hopefully an encouragement for someone to stretch their faith.
My daddy used to sing a song that said, “I’ve found the happy side of life” and I can relate to that more now than ever before. This time last year, I was in an ‘ok’ place. Life wasn’t bad, but it wasn’t great… it was just blah. I had a good a job, was surrounded by family and friends that loved me and supported me, had a wonderful church home, and an active social life. Even with all of that, life was just dry! Boring. I needed more.
I had been looking into relocating because I wanted a change of scenery. At the time I was shooting for the summer of 2015. I’d narrowed my cities down to New York City (my favorite city in the US, though I’d never been), Houston, Charlotte, or Orlando. Then out of no where Yahweh presented the opportunity for me to move to Atlanta.
Say what?!?! ATLANTA??? That wasn’t on MY list.
Funny how that works out huh?
I struggled with the idea of moving to Atlanta. I’d be moving by myself to a city I didn’t know how to navigate- known for terrible traffic and car accidents. Starting a new job at the bottom of the totem pole. No friends. No family. God are you sure about this?
But even with my doubts and fear, I felt a peace in my heart that this was truly God’s plan for me, and for whatever reason, I was supposed to be in Atlanta at this point in my life.
And I have yet to regret trusting God enough to step out and ‘walk on water.’
Since I’ve moved to Atlanta, I’m walking through doors that never would’ve been available to me back home. Ever.
– Artistic – The creative opportunities (I’ve been praying for) are endless. I’m working with an amazing vocal coach that is a perfect fit for me, and auditions are popping up every time I turn around.
– Financial– I am making close to TWICE as much as I was making this time last year.
– Social– How can you ever be bored in the “A”? I always have options of things to do and I’m surrounded by like-minded young professionals, what could be better than that?
– Career: I’ve been promoted twice in less than a year, since moving to Atlanta and am finally working in management.(At my last job I was told that I wasn’t “ready” to be in management. Ha!) I get to travel monthly to cities all throughout the US and Puerto Rico. Within the next 2 years I’ll also be traveling internationally.
Life is no longer dry… I am truly “singing and dancing in the rain…”
All because I decided to trust God and step away from what was comfortable and familiar.
– Was it a hard decision to make? Of course.
– Are there days I reminisce and long for times once shared? No doubt.
But God knew what I needed… and His plan for us is much greater than the plan we could EVER imagine for ourselves.
So if you are feeling God’s nudge to make some changes in your life, trust Him. He’s the author and finisher of your life’s journey, He knows the end from the beginning. So if there’s anyone who know’s what’s best for you- it’s Him.
Have courage. Go after God’s plan for your life. I promise you, in the end, it’ll be the best decision you ever made.